Largo Winch Universal Forum$ Index

Menu principal :

### LW Distributor ###
Auteur Message
Alyssa
Webmaster
Webmaster
Genre: Genre:Femelle
MessagePosté le: 24 Sep 2003 09:26 pm    Sujet du message: LW Distributor Répondre en citant

I got myself an IMdBPro account at the Internet Movie Database...and I checked out Largo Winch. According to their site, the distributor for the series is Muse Entertainment Distribution (from Montreal, PQ).

Do you suppose that if we mailed them the online petition, and also letters, that they might consider working on releasing the DVDs for the North American market (particularly Canadian), and maybe showing LW in the USA ?
fio
MessagePosté le: 25 Sep 2003 10:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Alyssa,

I informed myself and you're right. Muse has the Canadian rights. But for the US and the rest of the world it's Paramount.

For Muse, got an e-mail address from their web site to ask for the english DVDs:

Betty Palik - Director of Communications
Email: [email protected]

I just wrote to them and you are welcome too. Let me know if you get some news.

If you find any other e-mail addresses, please let me know. As for Paramount, well... does the fans have the power to make a big rich company give in their wishes ?....no, they don't care... but it won't hurt to fill up their mailbox with our questions so i'll look out for all their web addresses. You don't get what you don't ask...

A good question: Can Muse sell the LW DVD's on the net since Paramount has the rights for the rest of the world ?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Alyssa
Webmaster
Webmaster
MessagePosté le: 25 Sep 2003 11:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Fio,
Thanks for the contact info - I will definitely be sending an email! icon_smile.gif I've actually spoken with Betty Palik before (I e-mailed her about publicity photos of Michelle Lipper from the series "university"), and she seems pretty nice.

I am wondering if perhaps (depending on the response we get to our e-mails) if it would be good to publicize this information to the LW yahoo list, and other places.

About Muse doing the DVDs here in Canada... well, I would imagine that if they were available online (like at amazon.ca or something) then they would be available for anyone to purchase, not just Canadians... I would hope that they would be available online because I don't think that I would have the patience to wait for a store here in town to special-order them for me icon_wink.gif

Now... technically Muse would be selling them within Canada, since Amazon.ca is a Canadian company - I mean, it is like those Dutch (and Belgian?) online shops selling the Heir on DVD (though I guess that is Region 2 encoded and not available for the average North American consumer). I can't see how Paramount would really be able to enforce it.... but that is a good question for sure.
Alyssa
Webmaster
Webmaster
MessagePosté le: 25 Sep 2003 11:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Just visited their website... sounds like the fellow to contact is this guy:

Muse Distribution International
4670 Ste-Catherine Street West, Suite 200
Montreal, Quebec H3Z 1S5
Tel: (514) 866-6873
Fax: (514) 876-3911
Please contact: Max Oliveras - [email protected]

I am planning to send him an email ..do you think that I should immediately send him the link to the petition, or should I wait and do that in a follow-up email?
Alyssa
Webmaster
Webmaster
MessagePosté le: 26 Sep 2003 12:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Here also is an old press-release from the Muse website, about the LW series... just thought it would be interesting reading icon_smile.gif

----
PRESS RELEASE

MUSE ENTERTAINMENT ENTERPRISES ANNOUNCES
CO-PRODUCTION WITH DUPUIS FILMS
LARGO

Thirteen New Episodes of the Second season of the Television Series LARGO
Commence Principal Photography in Montreal

May 29, 2001

Montreal: Espionage, intrigue and danger are the peppery ingredients of the sizzling, action-adventure series Largo, filming in Montreal until mid-August. Muse Entertainment Enterprises is pleased to announce that it has concluded an agreement with Dupuis Films of Paris, France to co-produce thirteen new episodes of the successful and critically-acclaimed series.
Largo brings to television the exploits of a carefree, pure-hearted young man thrust into the cutthroat world of high finance, political machinations and global espionage when he inherits his father's vast business empire. The series is inspired by the best-selling European comic book, "Largo Winch," created by Jean Van Hamme and Philippe Francq and published by Éditions Dupuis.

Largo, heir to this immense fortune and all the power that comes with it, takes an unorthodox approach to running the multi-billion dollar corporation known as Group W. He wants to put people before profits and help change the world. But wherever his job takes him, his life is threatened by a secret society of crooked politicians, military leaders and businessmen bent on gaining control of Group W's vast resources.

The series stars Paolo Seganti as the globetrotting hero. Seganti is a former Italian amateur boxing champion and a former Calvin Klein star model. He trained as an actor in New York and starred in major stage productions including Whose Life is it Anyway and Equus. His feature film credits include L.A. Confidential, Tea with Mussolini and Still Breathing.

Largo is surrounded by a few loyal colleagues who form his unconventional intelligence and security unit. This ensemble cast includes Sydney Penny (Pale Rider, Running Away and The New Gidget) as Joy Arden, Largo's brilliant and acerbic security advisor; Diego Wallraff (The Perez Family, Shadow Boxing and Of Love and Shadows) as Simon Ovronnaz, Largo's humorous, wise-cracking best friend; Geordie Johnson (Liszt's Rhapsody, Dracula: The Series and The English Patient) as Georgi Kerensky, a former KGB agent and Largo's ultra-cool, hi-tech hacker and Serge Houde (October, Love and Human Remains and The Peacekeeper) as John Sullivan, Largo's shrewd legal and business affairs advisor.

David Carradine makes a special appearance as Largo's father, the feared and secretive Nerio Winch who had died mysteriously and whose shoes Largo must fill.

Twenty-six one-hour episodes of Largo were created last year. Largo is a co-production of Muse Entertainment and Dupuis Films in partnership with broadcasters M6 (France), RTL-TVI (Belgium) and Paramount International Television. In Canada, Largo will debut on Global Television.
"Stylistically, Largo is not your usual TV action adventure," says Director David Wu. "It is more naturalistic and filmesque. We are using wider shots instead of tight shots and multiple cuts. This will make the audience pay closer attention to the human drama. The lighting and musical score are used to contrast with - rather than underscore - the characters and their emotions. We are also filming the action from unusual and unpredictable perspectives."

The possibilities for adventure are endless in Largo as the conglomerate that Largo leads has numerous business interests; from telecommunications and banking to oil explorations and nuclear power. Largo meets up with monarchs, military leaders, wealthy businessmen, spies, assassins and terrorists.

"Amidst all the action, there are real-life relationships to explore and develop from the first season of the series," says Serge Houde.

"We are thrilled with the tremendous critical and audience response being enjoyed by the first season currently being broadcast in France and Belgium. One of the ingredients in this success has been our ability to shoot the series in both Canada and France. We look forward to the second half of this new season shooting with us here this fall," says Executive Producer Léon Perahia of Paris, France.

"We have thirteen great new scripts. Our cast is back and continues to give us the stellar performances they were known for throughout last year. Look for more action and adventure together with humour and some very touching moments," says series Executive Producer David Patterson.

"We are very excited to be joining the Largo production team. This show has already proven to be a huge hit in Europe and we are confident that it can repeat its success in North America," says Executive Producer Michael Prupas."
For more information please contact:

MUSE
fio
MessagePosté le: 26 Sep 2003 01:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

About the yahoogroups, why not, if they want english DVDs, let's tell them where they can ask for it. Your aproach to the subject with Imdb is fine. Just make sure to give them all the addresses and phone numbers. That is if you want.

Alyssa a écrit:
" This show has already proven to be a huge hit in Europe and we are confident that it can repeat its success in North America," says Executive Producer Michael Prupas."
For more information please contact:

MUSE

And this phrase is what makes me angry....Huge hit in Europe...so why not give a chance to the USA too ?...

About North America... i must say that the publicity has been lousy otherwise it would have been as popular as it was in Europe... If they would have bothered to put some pictures of the cast in many magazines, the ratings probably could have been so much better...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Alyssa
Webmaster
Webmaster
MessagePosté le: 26 Sep 2003 02:06 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I agree with you about the publicity Fio - they could have done much better... just think - some American women's magazines with interviews with sexy Paolo... I bet that alone would have brought in lots of viewers! icon_wink.gif

And then the same with Sydney in a men's magazine... and then maybe some sort of coverage in 'geekier' magazines to cover the hi-tech aspect, like with Kerensky's role.

There are so many possibilities! It frustrates me that they did not take advantage of these. After all, it isn't rocket science. Hmmmph. icon_mad.gif

I think I am going to wait to see what kind of response we get from Muse before I publicize it to the list - I want to make sure that we have the right contact addresses... in case there is someone else that we should be addressing.
fio
MessagePosté le: 03 Oct 2003 12:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Got some news from Miss Palik last Friday.

They do not have any plans to distribute Largo Winch on video or
DVD in Canada.

Who says that plans wheren't made to be changed ?...lol
Maybe they are waiting for Parmount to do the first move. Something like showing the LW series to the States...

Keep on asking...
Forum Index > Nouvelles du front / News from the front

Sauter vers:  

From the Largo Winch TV series, adaptated from the comics by J. Van Hamme and P. Francq © Dupuis Films/M6/TVA/AT, 2002
Forum Powered by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group (Basic design & pictures by: Fly Center & Némésis)
Adaptation by Baron_FEL for LW UniversaL Forum$ from Shadowed version by Shadow AOK
Modifications and content are copyright © 2000-2010 LargoWinch.net