Largo Winch Universal Forum$
Largo Winch Universal Forum$ Index

Menu principal :

### Community Fic # 5 ###
Auteur Message
fio
Genre: Genre:Femelle
MessagePosté le: 27 Juin 2003 06:36 pm    Sujet du message: Community Fic # 5 Répondre en citant

Story started on the ze-largo-winch-site.com and continuing on this site.

Authors: ami, Alyssa, fio

Largo Winch was climbing on the scene. He was asking himself why he did accept to do this speach. All of a sudden, as he was at the height of the microphone, the ground seemed to disappear under his feet...

He could hear Joy and Simon yelling his name as he came crashing down to the ground.

-He was not aware that his latest conquest with whom he had supper with a couple of hours ago had put something in his glass of wine while he had his head turned discussing with the waiter.

The last thing he saw before all went dark was Joy's face.

-"Largo?"

-"LARGO ! What's wrong?" yelled Joy as she came closer to him, in a state of panic. She then quickly aproached her ear to Largo's mouth and felt releived to hear him still breathing. She then took his pulse rate and saw that it was higher than usual. She moved him in the proper position so that his tongue would not obstruct the air passage and then she started to call an ambulance.

The crowd had gathered around them and were watching the procedure. 10 minutes later he was carried into an ambulance and rushed to the nearest hospital. They would have to analyse his blood to find out what was wrong with him. He was still breathing and that was a good sign, thought Joy who was in the intensive care unit beside him as she saw the nurse filling her syringe with Largo's blood and then leave.

Moments later, with his eyes shut, Largo started to emit some incomprehensible sounds. Simon who had quickly rushed to the hospital and who was now beside him ran to get the nurse in the corridor.

The nurse followed him and told him that she had just received a call from the hospital's lab with the results.

-"Great !" replied Simon with a smile. She was looking at him with a frown. Simon started to look a bit uncomfortable and asked:

-"Hey lady, what's wrong??? Is it serious?". He could not have guessed that the cause of Largo's problem was a violent reaction to overuse of MDMA, another name for the ecstasy drug...

-"Does your boss usually takes some illegal substances?" asked the nurse, now looking at Simon in a serious way.

-"Who? Largo?" replied Simon. "You must be joking." he said as he took the pad with the results of the lab from the nurse's hands...

-"Joy, you have to see this," Simon said, bringing the lab results over to her. Joy took a quick look, and her eyes widened.

-"What the hell? Largo's never done ecstasy... how could this be?"

-"I don't know. What are we going to do? There's all those reporters out there." Simon replied.

-"Tell them nothing - at least not yet. We have to assume that Largo didn't do this himself. Someone could have slipped it into his drink." Joy looked worried. "I hope...."

A tall blond guy had discreetly passed through security and had his camera hidden under a white doctor's overcoat. As he approached discretly inside the room, he quickly took pictures of Joy, Simon and an agonizing Largo.

-"Hey Joy," said Simon, "isn't this guy supposed to be with the others ?"

-"I don't understand." she replied angrily trying to block the blond man from exiting the room. "Get his camera" she told Simon.

-"You have no right" the blond man replied as he moved quickly on the other side of the bed and grabbed the pad with the results. "The public has a right to know."

-"Oh my" he added while reading. "Seems like your boss has been partying too much heh?"

Simon ripped the pad from the man's hands. Joy moved around the bed, and the man was trapped between her and Simon.

-"The public will know," he vowed, even as Joy and Simon dragged him out of the room. They looked at his identification, and took the film from his camera before they let him go.

-"I wish we could hold him," Simon said.

-"Me too," Joy replied. "But that would trigger a lawsuit or something. And we can't have that either. I guess Sullivan will have to do some damage control." They heard a muffled voice from the bed, and turned to see Largo awakening.

Meanwhile, back at the bunker, Kerensky was viewing the surveillance tape from the place Largo was supposed to give the speach. Nothing seemed suspicious up to now. He decided to call Joy.

Back at the hospital, Joy heard her portable phone ring and moved a bit aside.

- "Yes, " she answered. "Oh, it's you Kerensky. So, did you find anything?"

- "Not yet." she heard him say. "By the way, can you check something for me? His driver's let him out to a hotel not far from where you are. Apparently he was supposed to meet a lady."

-"I'll call Charlie," Joy said. "If anyone would know, he would." She hung up with Kerensky, and called Largo's driver, who confirmed that the lady Largo was to meet was a woman named Anna Ivanova. Beyond that, he didn't know much.

-"Largo went into a club to meet her, and then came out an hour later - he seemed fine to me."

-"Thanks Charlie," Joy said. She rang up Kerensky, and relayed the information.

All of a sudden Largo started to have some heavy convulsions. Simon freaked out and started to yell:

-"Joy, go get the nurse, quick!!!."

Joy rushed out of the room and ran in the corridor searching for a nurse or a doctor.

Moments later they were rushing Largo to the intensive care unit. A couple of journalists had a chance to take pictures from far as Largo in a small bed had passed through the door...

Joy's cellphone rang as they were settling Largo into a new bed. He had stopped convulsing, and she was tense.

-"Yes?"

-"Joy, it's on the news already," Kerensky said. "I don't know about damage control, but it looks like we're out of luck. I want you to get the test results and send them to me - I'm going to compare them with his medicals on file."

Joy swore colorfully.

-"What did I do?" Kerensky asked, his tone amused, yet serious.

-"I'll get the results. I don't know what I'm going to do about all the reporters," she said.

-"I'll figure something out." replied Kerensky. "and oh, by the way, that girl called Anna that Largo met at the club is called Annabelle. Charlie positively recognized her from the fax i sent him."

-"How did you find her picture so quick?" asked a puzzled Joy.

-"I just happen to remember that Largo gave me a couple of names to investigate last week and her name was on the list." he replied. "She's badly involved into espionage."

-"Did you tell Largo?" Joy asked.

-"No, I didn't have the chance before he left," Kerensky replied. "I'm quick, but not that quick."

-"I'm going to leave Simon here to keep guard over Largo," Joy said. "What was their last location? Largo had mentioned a restaurant?"

-"Yeah - Charlie said he took them to Sardi's. West 44th Street, heart of the Theatre district."

-"I'm going to go check it out," Joy said.

-"Great Italian food," Kerensky remarked. "If you don't find anything, bring me back something, will you?"

-"Sure thing. I'll keep in touch." Joy hung up, and went to go talk to Simon.

After Simon agreed to stay with Largo, Joy took a taxi to a nearby shop to buy herself a decent dress. She could have gone to Sardi's with her casual clothes and ask questions but it was a chic restaurant and she wanted to try a different tactic.

The saleslady was surprise when she told her that she would wear what she was buying. Joy really looked good in those clothes and would have no problem passing for the future Ms. Winch and Mr. Winch personal bodyguard with the restaurant's manager. Her Group W, I.D card would do the trick...

Joy walked into Sardi's a few moments later, looking, for all intents and purposes, like she was there for a nice lunch. She smiled at the maitre'd, and got a slightly grim look in return.

-"Table for one, Madam?" he inquired.

-"Yes please."

He took her to a small table tucked in a corner. She sat with her back to the wall, so that she could watch all the comings and goings of the restaurant today. It wasn't very full yet, and she hoped that she would get a chance to talk to some of the staff about Largo. A busboy came up to fill her water glass, and she decided to start with him.

-"Pardon me," she said. "Were you working here yesterday? I heard that Mr Winch had dined here." The boy smiled at her uncertainly, and stuttered an answer.

-"I was, and yes, he did dine here. It wasn't a very good day for us," he added.

-"Why is that?" Joy asked.

-"Well, that kind of publicity is bad, since Mr Winch became ill. And we don't like people doing drugs here, like he and his companion were doing..." he paused, and looked around quickly. Seeing that he wasn't being observed, he added "I'd seen her around other clubs, and she knows a lot of people."

-"Do you know her name?" Joy asked.

-"No. But she's always with a tall, darkhaired guy, " he said. "I think he's a gangster or something." The maitre'd entered the room, and the boy's tone changed as he spoke to Joy.

-"Your waiter will be with you shortly Ma'am," he said.

-"Is everything to your satifaction, Madam?" he asked.

She nodded and gave him a pleasant smile. Satisfied, he went checking on the cooks working in the kitchen to make sure that everything was to his satisfaction.

While waiting for her waiter to come and take her order she was surprised to hear a voice of a lady not far from her, who had turned around and was now staring at her.

-"I overheard the name Winch. Am i mistaking?" she asked.

She was well dressed and her husband was busy in the men's room...
Joy was surprised that her conversation got that far to reach someone else's ears.

-"Yes, you heard well." Joy replied. "You know him?" she asked.

-"Oh, not me dear," the lady replied. "But my husband, who will be here shortly had met him a couple of times and was impressed with him."

Now this was getting interesting for Joy. Maybe that husband of hers might have been there last time and noticed something. She kept on doing some small talk with that lady until she saw her husband coming back from the men's room and taking his seat at the table.

-"Henry, dear," the woman said. "I was just speaking of Mr Winch to this nice young lady here." Her husband nodded.

-"I was here for lunch yesterday, and saw him," Henry remarked. "He looked ill."

-"Did he look ill when he came into the restaurant? or later?" Joy inquired.

-"He did look a little on the pale side," Henry said. "I only noticed because every other time I've ever seen him, he's had a really good tan."

-"The companions he was with must have been concerned for him," Joy said.

-"The young lady he was with didn't seem that concerned," he replied. "I noticed that she kept going off with some other fellow. Not very nice, especially when Mr Winch is paying your bill, I say." He tsk-tsked, and his wife nodded in agreement.

-"What that Mr Winch needs is someone who'll take care of him," she said. Joy smiled.

-"I think so too," she replied.

-"So, what are you doing at this fine establishment all alone?" Henry asked kindly. "A nice looking young woman like yourself should have a boyfriend with her."

Joy did not know what to answer. She was supposed to make beleive that she was the future Ms. Winch but it was not yet time to give away that information. She replied:

-"Oh, i am waiting for my security expert to review some important changes." she said. "Excuse me, i need to go to the lady's room."

The restaurant was starting to get crowed now. She quickly phoned Kerensky from the lady's room.

-"Hey Kerensky," she asked. "Still feel hungry for some italian food?"

She had noticed moments ago a lady fitting Anabelle's description coming in, laughing away. This time she had 3 men with her, one that Joy recognized to be one of Group W's president and she thought that maybe she could use Kerensky's help...

Joy returned to her table, and sat down. The waiter inquired as to what she would like, and she ordered herself a pasta dish.

-"It turns out I'm expecting a companion in a few minutes," she told the waiter.

-"I'll be sure to hold your order until he has ordered as well," the waiter replied. "Could I get you a glass of wine in the meantime?"

-"Yes, thank you."

She studied the group with Annabelle carefully, glad that her table was tucked away and almost unnoticed. Annabelle seemed to be having a lot of fun - especially for someone whose boyfriend was still in the hospital. That alone made Joy mad, because she knew that Largo deserved far better than a girl like Annabelle. She was still fuming a bit when Kerensky showed up, nicely attired all in black.

He surely looked good, all dressed up, thougth Joy while watching Kerensky taking his seat.

-"So," he said. "What's have we got here, now?"

-"We've got Annabelle 35 feet to your right and maybe another victim." whispered Joy.

Kerensky took a quick look and spotted the group with Annabelle.

-"The lady seems to be enjoying herself quite well." he remarked as he noticed that Anabelle was laughing away while flirting with the guys.

-"Yeah, and with one of Group W's executive too much for my liking." she replied.

The waiter came up and took Kerensky's order.

-"Veal scallopini," he requested. "And a glass of vodka."

-"Vodka? This early?" Joy asked, a smile on her face.

-"Well, this is on the company tab, isn't it?" Kerensky replied. "Besides, I hate fieldwork."

-"I wonder if Annabelle is taking out Group W execs one by one?" Joy remarked, as she watched Annabelle flirt.

-"I suppose it is possible. But why work from the top down? Seems like a bit of a waste of time, since the boss is already out of commission," Kerensky said.

-"I wonder what her motive could be? Maybe she's working for that darkhaired guy," Joy replied.

-"Beside bad publicity for Group W," Kerensky replied, "I can't find a reason either."

The waiter came to serve them the food. It was the same one that had made some comments on Largo earlier on.

-"Here is the pasta plate for Madam" he said as he placed down Joy's dish in front of her. "And here is the veal scallopini for you, sir. Would you like to have your drinks right away?"

Without hesitation Kerensky replied:

-"Yes, please. Thank you."
-"Bring me a glass of water for now," replied Joy. "I will take a glass of wine later. and oh, by the way," she whispered, "that blond lady laughing 35 feet on my right, is that the same Lady that was with Largo last time?"

The waiter did not have to turn around and look. He had spotted them too when they came in. He bent closer to Joy and whispered.

-"That's her all right. I can recognize the ugly looking man on her right side but not that other one in the gray suit. The third one must be her bodyguard probably. He's wearing a firearm."

Annabelle got up and looked like she was headed for the bathroom. Kerensky nudged Joy.

-"I think now's your chance," he said. Joy nodded, and rose to her feet. She casually followed Annabelle into the women's room, while Kerensky kept an eye on the men gathered in the restaurant. While he waited, he sipped his glass of vodka, and enjoyed his meal, glad to know that they were on Group W's tab.

Joy waited patiently in the bathroom for Annabelle, and as she emerged from the stall, asked her a question:

-"You were here with Largo Winch yesterday, weren't you?"

Anabelle paled. She was caught by surprise and didn't feel like telling that pretty short-haired girl her mission.

-"Lady," she said. "I have many men hanging around me and who I'm with is none of your business. Who are you to dare to ask me those questions?"

-"I'm Mr. Winch's fiancée, Joy Arden." she replied. She did not want Anabelle to suspect that she was being investigated.

-"Really?" said Anabelle. "How sad it is for him. Getting sick like that. I did not know he had a drug problem. I pity you my dear."

Annabelle had probably read the morning papers too, announcing the Winch's scandal and had a good aliby Joy thought...

-"What were you doing here with him?" Joy asked her.

-"Just having lunch," Annabelle retorted. "Look, it's not my problem if he's cheating on you, so just leave me alone!"

-"Don't get testy," Joy said. "I'll be speaking to him about that later. I am just curious if he had eaten anything odd, or seen anyone suspicious."

-"What? You think that he's not a drug addict?" Annabelle asked.

Joy was getting a frustrated now and gave her a mean look. She knew she couldn't accuse her without proof.

-"It's not his style to take drugs." she replied.

She now risked another question to test Anabelle's reaction:

-"Someone told me he saw you put something in Largo's glass last night. Did you?"

-"They lie!" Annabelle snapped, getting angrier by the moment. "I can't believe you think you can corner me and accuse me of such a thing!"

-"My apologies," Joy said smoothly. "I'm just worried about my fiance."

Annabelle stomped out of the ladies room in a huff. Joy followed her out a moment or two later, and returned to her table. Kerensky was nearly finished his veal, and was eyeing her pasta.

-"Don't even think about it," Joy warned. He looked at her innocently.

-"Whatever do you mean?" he asked. "I was just going to make sure that it was still hot..."

She had almost finished her pasta dish and Kerensky was waiting, sipping slowly a second glass of vodka when she saw him coming from far.

-"Kerensky, I think were going to have some company." she whispered.

That well-built man was coming alone and not looking too happy. Kerensky turned quickly his head around to take a quick look and whispered back:

-"Good. He's alone. I can deal with him if he gets nasty."

As he got almost near them Joy's chin lifted up to signal Kerensky his presence. Kerensky slowly turned around to face that angry man.

-"So," the man said angrily, "Seems like we have a problem, haven't we?"

-"I don't think so," Joy replied, casually eating her pasta.

-"What are you doing, harassing my companion?" the man's voice had turned mean and threatening.

-"I wasn't," Joy retorted. "I just had to ask her a couple questions."

The man didn't seem to like this answer at all. He lunged at Joy in anger, only to be caught by Kerensky.

-"I think you need to leave," Kerensky said, holding the man's arms behind his back. The man pushed back, hard, and Kerensky stumbled a bit. The man loosened his arms, and swung a punch at Kerensky's head. In a second Joy was on her feet, and she seized a pressure point in the man's neck, making him wince in pain, and stop moving.

-"Like I said," Kerensky repeated, "I think you need to leave." He straightened his hair, and rose from ducking the punch.

Annabelle was watching lika a hawk from far the whole scene. She suddenly got up, faking a smile to her new Group W executive admirer and went to whisper to her friend, the ugly looking guy's ears:

-"Looks like Ricardo's having a hard time, give me your car keys and go help him. Meet me at the usual place."

He gave her the keys. She walked around the table smiling gracefully at her admirer to tell him, while she was taking his right hand,

-"Let's go darling, Stanley will pay the note. I need to take some fresh air outside."

-"But..." the executive replied

-"Come, please, i insist." she cut back, pulling him towards the exit.

She then dragged him outside while Stan was quickly getting up, his hands reaching a gun he had around his waist and walking towards Ricardo ....

Joy saw the man coming towards them, and she swiftly knocked the man she held unconscious.

"Do we leave now, before it gets messy?" she suggested to Kerensky.

"Why ruin the fun?" Kerensky quipped. Joy smiled.

"Have it your way," she said. "He's yours."

The ugly man was close, and he threw himself at Kerensky, knocking him to the ground. Joy watched for a minute, wondering if Kerensky could get himself out from under the bulk of the man. She counted to ten, then laid a good kick into the man's side, making him grunt in pain. He rolled over, grasping his side, revealing a slighly squashed Kerensky beneath him. Joy reached out a hand and helped Kerensky to his feet.

People dining there were looking at the whole show, astounded. Kerensky had knocked Ricardo over a couple of tables all set up in the midst of the fight. The food, the plates and whatever stood on the table moments ago was all spilled over the floor. Stan was still recuperating from the pain on his side as he saw Joy helping Kerensky getting up.

They would not get away just like that, he thought. He was about to reach for his gun to shoot but hesitated at the last moment seeing Sardi's manager coming towards them.

Sardi's manager had tried to calm down his clientèle. Never something so scandalous had happened in his restaurant since it had openened. Who would pay for this now? he asked himself as he walked towards the culprits...

-"Who is going to pay for all this?!" the manager yelled. "Someone had better pay for all this damage!"

Joy sighed, and said wearily to the manager, "Just bill it to Group W."

-"Group W? Let me tell you miss, I am not impressed! I will be sending a letter of complaint to Mr Winch himself!"

-"You do that." Kerensky's tone was grim. He dusted off his black trousers, noticing a sauce stain on one leg. He frowned.

Stan and Ricardo, taking advantage of this confrontation between the Group W intel and the manager, decided to duck out. When Joy realized this, she was very angry.

-"Let's go Kerensky, we need to find those guys!" They dashed outside, only to see a dark truck speeding away.

-"We'll trace the license plate," Joy said. "I can't believe they got away. If I wasn't so nice, that manager would get a piece of my mind!" Kerensky laughed.

-"Come on, let's go back to the bunker," he said. "We'll call the cops on the way, and get an APB out on them. They won't get far. Besides, I'm not up to running, not after eating. I need to wait for an hour."

-"Ha ha," Joy said. "You just don't want to do any more fieldwork."

-"Guilty as charged," Kerensky grinned.

Back at the hospital, Largo was feeling a little better now. He woke up to see Simon sitting in a chair not far from his bed, reading a magazine. Simon's eyes were quick to notice him move. He put the magazine down and walked right up to Largo's side.

-"Feel better today?" said Simon in a joking way, looking at a Largo who was probably wondering what he was doing in an hospital bed.

-"Simon, why am i here?" said Largo.

-"You don't remember?" said Simon.

You are now welcome to add a line, a paragraph or two. Just press on Reply...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Alyssa
Webmaster
Webmaster
Genre: Genre:Femelle
MessagePosté le: 15 Juil 2003 06:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"Last thing I remember is going to Sardi's with Anna," Largo answered.

Simon shook his head. "Man, whatever she did to you, it must have been something."

"What do you mean?" Largo looked puzzled.

"Well, the docs think that someone slipped you ecstasy. I figured you wouldn't have taken it yourself. Kerensky and Joy are investigating Anna - or rather, Annabelle, as we speak."

Forum Index > Community fanfictions

Sauter vers:  

From the Largo Winch TV series, adaptated from the comics by J. Van Hamme and P. Francq © Dupuis Films/M6/TVA/AT, 2002
Forum Powered by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group (Basic design & pictures by: Fly Center & Némésis)
Adaptation by Baron_FEL for LW UniversaL Forum$ from Shadowed version by Shadow AOK
Modifications and content are copyright © 2000-2010 LargoWinch.net