Largo Winch Universal Forum$
Largo Winch Universal Forum$ Index

Menu principal :

### Community Fic #1 ###
Auteur Message
fio
Genre: Genre:Femelle
MessagePosté le: 26 Juin 2003 01:48 am    Sujet du message: Community Fic #1 Répondre en citant

Fiction started on the ze-largo-winch-site.com and continuing here.

Authors: fio, Alyssa, Jessica

In this section there will be a community fic where everybody can post a bit of fic as they would imagine a possible end to the Largo Winch series. In the last episode broadcasted in France: Time in a bottle, Simon was hit by a bullet and needed a kidney. His sister gave him one of hers and saved his life.

Now, i will start the first possible end.

A couple of weeks later, Simon called Vanessa. She had saved his life and now, he wanted to do something in return for her...

She was not there to answer the phone. He then tried again a couple of hours later but still no answer. She must be gone out, he thought. So he tried to call her on her portable phone that he had given her during Christmas as a gift. No answer.

Later that night he tried again both numbers and again no answer. It's funny, he thought, it's usually not in her habits not to answer a call...

So he decided to call Kerensky to see if he could help...

He called down to the bunker.

-"Hello."

-"Kerensky, I need you to check something for me," Simon requested. "I haven't been able to get in touch with Vanessa all day."

-"According to the front desk records, she left Group W early this morning," Kerensky replied.

-"Anything on her phones?" Simon asked.

-"Let me check..." Simon heard keys tapping as Kerensky checked the records.

-"There's a call to her cellphone from Russia," Kerensky replied. "I thought she was done with Russia...."

Simon's heart sank. What if Vanessa was in trouble?

-"Kerensky, can you trace the number of the person who called her?" asked Simon hoping that he would get a positive answer.

-"I'am afraid i can't, pal" replied Kerensky. "It seems that someone has been tampering with Group W's computer system and i can't have access. I will have to check with the phone company. Just a moment..." he replied.

Kerensky started to call the phone company. All he could get was: "We are sorry sir, that number is confidential...."

He got back to Simon.

-"No luck, pal. It seems that your sister might be involved into something pretty suspicious this time. Try her appartment, maybe she left some clues behind."

Simon drove over to his sister's apartment. He was beginning to get worried - even more worried than before. Vanessa had a habit of getting into situations that she couldn't get herself out of. This was starting to look like one of those situations...

He sprinted the two flights of stairs to her small flat, and used his spare key in the lock. The key turned easily - too easily. The door had never been locked. Simon pulled out his gun, and kept it cautiously ready. He opened the door slowly - stepping in, and looking around.

No one was home, but the apartment was trashed - clothes were everywhere, and even the furniture had been ripped and broken. The fishtank in the corner had been overturned, and the floor was covered in water, and dying fish. Simon wrinkled his nose, as some of the fish were beginning to smell.

He hit the speed-dial on his cellphone, and rang the Bunker.

-"Kerensky - I think we have a problem."

"What kind of problem do we have now, Simon?" replied the russian.

"This does not look too good." said Simon on the phone as he moved quickly away from that smelly spot. The dead fish's odor was assaulting his nostrils and he couldn't stand it."

-"She's not in her apartment Kerensky." replied Simon. " Looks like the lock on the door has been tampered with and there's a mess all over."

-"Ok, wait for me." said Kerensky. "I'm on my way."

First, an untracable call from Russia and then this, thought Kerensky while driving his car to Vanessa's appartment. What did that girl got herself into now?

As he aproached with his car to Vanessa's place he noticed that there was a man
in a car parked not far from Simon's car, dialing a number on his portable phone while staring at Vanessa's apartment...

Kerensky paused to grab his bag as he got out of his car. Inside was ins laptop, and a bug detector. He took the stairs to Vanessa's apartment two at a time. Simon had left the door open, and he walked in. He wrinkled his nose as the semll of dead fish hit him, then called out for Simon, who emerged from the bedroom.

-"It's a mess in there," Simon said with frustration. "I can't tell what's missing or isn't."

-"Is she always messy?" Kerensky asked. Simon nodded. "Ah."

He took the small bug detector out of his bag, and began to trace a careful path around the apartment.

-"By the way, Simon, did you notice anyone hanging around outside when you came in? There's a car out there with a man inside, and he looked rather suspicious." Simon went to the window and peered out.

-"That black car?" he asked.

-"That's the one," Kerensky confirmed. Simon watched as the car revved its engine and sped away, its wheels spinning.

-"Damn, he's going fast!" Simon exclaimed.

-"There's got to be a reason for that!" Kerensky exclaimed. He grabbed Simon's arm and pulled him out of the apartment. They hurtled down the stairs, just as a huge fireball destroyed the entire flat.

They barely had time to get out of the building and take cover by throwing themselves on the ground in a protective position.

-"You're ok Kerensky?" said Simon.

-"I suppose you can say I am." replied Kerensky rubbing away the dust that had settled on his long dark raincoat as they both got up.

-"Thanks pal, you just saved my life." said Simon, shaking the dust off his black curly hair.

-"Let's go back at the bunker and check out his licence plate number." said the russian. Simon had a surprising look on his face. Watching him with his pale blue eyes Kerensky explained: "Remember Simon, I told you I saw that guy looking at V.'s appartment from his car. I noticed him also before i joined you. "

The noise of the explosion had attracted a couple of person's attention and they were now gathering in the street, taking a look at Vanessa's appartment. The debris from the blast had settled and had damaged not only her flat but also a couple of cars that were parked along the sidewalk.

-"You guys are ok?" said a feminine voice coming from Simon's back. Simon turned around. She was tall and pretty and quickly got his attention.

-"We're all right miss. Miss?" he asked...

-"Campbell, Tracy Campbell," replied the girl, she took a closer look at Simon, "aren't you Vanessa's brother?"

-"Yeah," Simon replied slowly, "what about it?"

-"She told me a bit about you," Tracy said.

-"When did you see her last?" Simon asked.

-"A couple days ago - she looked a bit stressed. But she didn't say anything out of the ordinary... do you think she's in trouble?"

-"Vanessa's always in trouble," Kerensky interjected wryly.

-"Oh," she said. "I forgot to mention you this: I work just across the street and i saw everything."

-"You didn't happen to notice the black car who sped away moments before the explosion ? " asked Kerensky.

-"Sure, I did" she replied. "It's been there all week and always parked at the same spot for a couple of hours in the morning and at night. I thought it was those FBI agents on some kind of drug operation so I walked by that car one morning to see what the guy in the car was doing and I heard him speak in a funny tongue in his portable phone."

-"Thanks" said Simon. "We have to go now. Here's my card." he said as he was hearing the police car coming from far. "If you remember anything else about my sister, give me a call."

-"I sure will." said Tracy, giving Kerensky one of her biggest smile while taking Simon's business card.

As they moved a couple of feet away from the crowd, Simon said to Kerensky:

-"Let's get out of here before we're accused of blowing up the place."

They returned to the bunker, and Kerensky looked up the license plate number on the computer.

-"Hmmm."

-"What?" Simon asked.

-"Did Vanessa still have connections with any Russians?" Kerensky asked.

-"Not that I know of," Simon replied.

-"The car was a rental, and it was paid for by a Vladimir Antonovich Mashin, of Moscow."

Kerensky typed the name into his search function, and soon had Mashin's crime sheet from Interpol.

-"Petty theft, break and enter, assault with a weapon, ..how nice."

It was a nice sunny day in Russia. She had been braught to one of Russia's islands by private jet. Almost forced against her will. A limousine picked her up, along with Vladimir and 3 other mean looking guys and brought them to a candy factory beside the river not far from the Kremlin.

She had been in that city before with her former lover Ivan, who had promised her an easy life as they were visiting the Trétiakov museum. They had good moments together admiring the almost 50,000 paintings, drawing, sculptures and engravings showing the evolution of the russian art. She didn't know back then that her dear Ivan was also a thief and involved with those guys...

-"Tell us where it is!" One of Vladimir's companions barked at her. Vanessa cringed, and the man took her by the arm and shook her. "Tell us!"

-"I don't know what you're talking about!" she snapped back. "Ivan never left mea anything!"

-"Don't lie to us, Vanessa," Vladimir said, shoving his face up to hers. His blue eyes were cold, and empty, lifeless. She knew that he would like nothing less than to kill her. Especially since she had turned down his advances to be with Ivan.

-"Vladimir, i swear Ivan never sent me anything. You've got to beleive me." pleaded Vanessa. Vladimir was now tying with a rope both her hands behind her back along with the chair bolted on the floor. No way she could get out of this situation now...

He had this old fashion heat light spot directed right on her face. She was sweathy.

-"Now Vanessa." he told her. "We will leave you for a while with the rats, maybe they might be more convincing..."

Back at the bunker, Kerensky had searched the airplane records, and come up with very little.

"Did your sister ever use any aliases?" he asked Simon. "I didn't think they'd get her on the plane to Russia using her real name."

Simon thought for a few moments.

"Try just V," he suggested. "And maybe look for a group of Russian men travelling together?"

"Good idea," Kerensky replied.

Vanessa was sweathing a lot under that spotlight. She had her eyes closed and what's worst, hearing little squeaky noise nearby. It did not take long for those big rats to come by, smelling from far away the crumbs those guys had left, probably from a snack they left lying around to attract those mean looking animals.

She tried to calm down by remembering a story that Simon had told her once, a long time ago. Probably from one of his girlfriends he was going out with at the time. You can read the story at http://www.geocities.com/elephantcastle/errol/errol.html

Sure, some rats were friendly with humans she thought, but agressiveness in them was a factor well known and very unpredictable...

What had Ivan done that Vladimir wanted so badly? She had no idea. She tried hard to remember everything Ivan had said to her, but it was hard to concentrate when the rats were getting closer. She closed her eyes and hoped that Simon would figure out where she was.

In the meantime, Kerensky had found the airplane records for Vladimir.

-"Moscow. As I thought. C'mon Simon, we'll take the Bizjet, since Largo's busy at Group W all this week," he said.

-"Shouldn't we tell him about it?" Simon asked.

-"Call him on our way - we have no time to lose. I looked up Vladimir's Interpol records too, and V's going to be in big trouble," Kerensky replied.

-"Maybe Largo will want to come along," Simon remarked, dialling Largo's office number.

Largo was lying flat in his bed, shirtless, while his back was being genly massaged by his latest conquest.

MaryAnne was wonderful with her hands. He couldn't wait to show her his gratitude.
He had decided to surprise her by turning around and grabbing her hand as he gently pulled her closer to him. Her blond long curly hair that were lying on her shoulders were shoved down into his face by gravity as he brought her down to his level to give her a passionate kiss. Just then, the phone rang.

He didn't feel like answering and that ringing sound was annoying him. Better get it over with, he tought, as he gently detached his lips from MaryAnne's.

-"Largo" he answered.

-"Simon here, feel like another trip to Russia?"

"What on earth for?" Largo asked. "Group W doesn't have any business coming up in Russia, do we?"

-"No," Simon replied. "But, it's V - she's been taken to Russia. Her apartment was bombed, and I just know she's in trouble. Kerensky's coming with me, but if you're not too busy, we'd like to have you along too. I have this feeling that we'll need all the help we can get."

-"Knowing Vanessa, that's a definite," Largo remarked. "I guess I can come along... when do we leave?"

-"Kerensky just called WinchAir, and the Bizjet's being refueled - so once that's done, we're set to go," Simon replied.

-"Give me some time to pack a bag, and sort out a few things," Largo said. "I'll meet you in the Bunker in an hour."

He turned to MaryAnne, an apologetic look on his face.

-"Sorry darling, business calls." MaryAnne pouted.

-"Can I come along?" she asked.

-"Probably best that you don't. I'msure I'll be back soon," Largo said.

She tried to remember what Ivan could have sent her and she couldn't figure out. Ivan had given her many small gifts, mostly souvenirs from Russia like some hand painted brooches and hair clips (take a look at: http://www.kremlingifts.com/boxhtml/galleries/g1r1.html ) but those would not be of interest for them.

Then there was this walk she took with him downtown and he had baught her that nice shawl she was eying on her way out of a boutique ( http://www.kremlingifts.com/shawl/index.html ) She did not want him to but he had insisted.

The last night he had spent with her he gave her a hand stuffed Russian Doll. (picture at: http://www.kremlingifts.com/dolls/k210/k21026.html )
She stood there, laughing away saying:

-"Oh, Ivan, a doll ! How cute !. But i am way passed the age of playing with dolls..."

-"Bring it with you to America." he had told her. " Always keep it with you to remember me."

She remembered sharply that she did not particularly like that doll and had given it to Diana for her son as a second birthday gift. It would go well with those awful green plastic soldiers he had in his bedroom. It would make a nice feminine touch. Maybe the kid might learn a thing or two playing with it. All those shades of red in that doll would surely please him...

-"Oh no!" Vanessa thought to herself.

What could he have possibly put inside the doll. There was nothing else that he could have altered. She groaned, and hoped that maybe Largo or Diana would find the doll, and unravel its mystery. Or, at least, be able to come find her.

In the meantime, Simon and Largo were flying to Russia in the Bizjet. Kerensky was on the videophone, and he'd found out some more information.

-"Seems Vladimir rented another car when he got to Moscow," he said.

-"I'll fax you the information - I'm sure you can ask questions of the dealer there. I'm also faxing you his Interpol record, and a photograph."

-"Thanks Georgy," Largo replied.

Ivan was happy to be alive. They had chased him back in Russia and they were chasing him here. He had betrayed them, taking away something he was supposed to give to them. Instead he had put it in this nice russsian doll that he had given to that Vanessa girl, hoping to recover it later. Now he did not know what to do. Her apartment was blown away and she was nowhere to be found.

He decided to inform himself to the people who had their store across the street. Maybe they could have noticed something. As he got in a voice from a young woman welcomed him.

-"Hi" said Tracy. "Can I help you?"

-"What happened there, next door?" he asked.

-"There was a huge explosion," Tracy said. "Thankfully no one was injured."

-"What happened to the girl who lived there?"

-"I don't know. There were some other guys looking for her here yesterday too. A fellow named Simon," she replied.

-"Simon Ovronnaz?" Ivan asked.

He was safe in the USA. Ivan had been hired by the FEMA as part of a special unit. He talked russian, looked like a russian and had russian friends. His mission was to recuperate an experimental chip part of the latest Russian technology. He had seen the new weapon in operation part of the new generation of modern Russian electromagnetic weapons. They had tested it in a remote city in Russia.

He knew that they could use that technology to fire it into the path of an upcoming missile, it's warhead or an aircraft. It would effectively ionize that region of space and disturb the aerodynamics of the flight and terminate it's flight. It would prove to be an invulnerable weapon providing protection from any kind of attacks.

Stealing it wasn't easy either. Vladimir, Boris and a couple of other guys were also involved. They knew that that componant might interrest the Japanese...

At some point during the night Vanessa felt lucky to have that awful lamp giving her some heat. Russian winter nights in this factory where she was kept prisoner would be awful to endure if she would have to stay there more than one night. The place was not well heated and she could feel little blasts of cold wind on her legs.

She tried to forget her misery by recalling the good times she had with Ivan. She had met him at one of the embassy's receptions given by a high ranked Russian official at which her and the man she was about to marry, count of Niburg ( same one that was in the Vanessa episode) were invited.

While the count was busy talking business with his newfound friends in another room she had started to take a look around her. She was feeling bored amongst guests from another generation when suddenly a tall dark haired and elegantly dressed man caught her attention. He looked good looking and dashing and he was watching one of the beautifully aged rare painting on the wall. She had managed herself to slowly walk right beside him not to scare him.

-"It's a beautiful painting, isn't it?" she had told him while looking at the painting, standing beside him. He had slowly turned his head around, noticed her and answered back:

-"Yes, it is. The artist is one of my favourites," he replied. "And who might you be? You don't seem the right age to know Henri's crowd."

-"I'm Vanessa," she answered. "Henri's fiancee."

-"Oh! the fiancee!" Ivan exclaimed. "I'd heard he'd gotten lucky, and now I see how much." He smiled at her, and she felt herself blush.

-"Thank you," she said.

-"Now, come with me," he said, tucking her hand into the crook of his arm. "Let me get you a glass of champagne. You must be awfully bored with all these old folks around."

Vanessa sighed, remembering how Ivan had swept her off her feet. The guard heard her, and got to his feet.

-"Remember anything else?" he asked her menacingly. She shook her head. She hoped that Simon would find her, or that Ivan would come to explain...

-"I think so," Tracy said.

-"Thank you very much," Ivan said. He made his way to Group W. He had to find Vanessa!

-"You are sure?" he said menacingly grabbing her hair and pulling it back. The lamp was blinding her eyes now. She did not respond. Just then, Vladimir came in with a guest. An awful looking guest that reminded her of some youngsters she'd seen around New York.

-"Igor, leave the lady alone." said Vladimir. "I have a surprise for her."

She felt better as Igor, the guard, let go of her hair.

-"Hello Vanessa," said Vladimir. She didn't answer.

-"Meet my friend Johnny. It's not his real name but he is part of the skinheads community here in Russia. And as you know, here what they hate the most are immigrants­...We cannot kill you yet but we can torture you. All depends on you now."

She started to get worried as she had noticed that awful looking hunting knife in Johnny's hand. She had to find a plan and quick. Maybe lead them back to New York and make them bring her back with them...

-"I think what you want might be in New York," she said.

-"Are you sure?" Vladimir asked suspiciously. He hadn't expected her to tell him so quickly.

-"Positive."

When he still looked doubtful, she added, "Why would I bother to lie? I know that you'll kill me. And I don't want to die."

-"Very true. Finally you've become sensible, Vanessa," Vladimir said. He walked closer to her, then hit her. Her head rocked back from the blow, and she felt queasy.

-"I told you what I know!" she said.

-"That may be so, but you've still caused us a lot of trouble!" Vladimir retorted.

She was not expecting that Vladimir would be that violent. She had to get rid of this crazy lunatic. He looked unpredictable and dangerous and very determined to get what he looked for. Any excuse would be good now to save her skin. And that skinhead friend's of his looked even worst showing signs of impatience, playing with that awful looking knife...

-"You're going to have to bring me with you if you want to recuperate what you are looking for." she said.

Johnny wanted to please his boss. He quickly aproched her, pulled her hair back with one hand and touched her throat with his hunting knife.

-"and what tells you we can't get what we want, lady, heh?" he asked menacingly. "Just tell the boss where you hid it."

-"but it's not in my posession anymore." she replied.

-"... you see, I had it pawned, because I was broke and at the time my brother was out of the country and I could not contact him for money."

Vladimir swore, "You toad! I ought to...

-"Or... wait..." Vanessa paused, appearing to think. "It might have been given to a friend."

-"Well then, we will go and get it," Vladimir replied. "Where is this friend?"

Vanessa wasn't sure, she hadn't talked to Diana in a very long time.

Back at Diana's appartment, little Jake was grounded in his room. His mother was not too happy whith his latest tantrum and had decided that it was best for him to calm down in his own room. She was releived to have that noisy kid far away from the kitchen where she could concentrate on cooking something delicious for her date and hoped that the kid wouldn't be too agressive towards the new man in her life. She would check on him now and then to make sure he was alright but just now, she needed a little peace of mind.

The little toddler was intelligent for his age and knew just what to do to get his mother's attention. He kept on complaining to walls who wouldn't hear him and throwing toys around. On a shelf beside his bed was that russian doll dressed in shades of red that got his attention. He quickly ran to get it and was surprised to find it a little bit heavy. In his rage he threw it against the wall and it made quite a big noise that got Diana worried.

She stopped cutting her onions and ran to see what was going on. As she got in she saw the awful mess her kid had done in his room and was not too happy but what got her attention as she walked a little further was a bag with something in it that was lying on the floor near the russian doll, torn a bit on the side. She picked it up and wondered what it was. She remembered that Vanessa had given her that toy for her kid, but why in the world would she hide something like that in that doll?

Her date came an hour later, prompt on time and Jake had calmed down. All went well and she was happy to see him play with the kid. At the end he was about to leave until he noticed the bag on the counter that really got him interested.

-"Diana," he said. "what's that ?"

-"What?, oh that ! " she said noticing what he was staring at. "Honestly i have no idea..."

-"Would you mind if i would take it to find out what it is ?" he asked. "My friend is into electronics, he might know."

-"Sure," she said. "But bring it back. I need to question the person who gave it to me when i see her."

He took the bag with that strange piece inside, kissed her and took off.

Back in Russia, Simon and Largo were going down the steps of the bizjet and slowly walking towards a limo not far...

And now it's your turn to add a line or a paragraph...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Forum Index > Community fanfictions

Sauter vers:  

From the Largo Winch TV series, adaptated from the comics by J. Van Hamme and P. Francq © Dupuis Films/M6/TVA/AT, 2002
Forum Powered by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group (Basic design & pictures by: Fly Center & Némésis)
Adaptation by Baron_FEL for LW UniversaL Forum$ from Shadowed version by Shadow AOK
Modifications and content are copyright © 2000-2010 LargoWinch.net